Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Skitch - Annotate, edit and share your screenshots and images… fast.

Skitch


Skitch is the first of the few apps which I downloaded from the MAC App Store. It is one of the most simple tool for photo editing. The simplicity of Skitch can be explained in 4 simple steps.

Snap - Annotate - Edit - Share

NewImage

In these 4 simple steps Skitch takes care of the requirements of the 90 % of the users. 

It is a very small app which opens a frame like app. Within the frame you will be albe to see buttons on the left hand side which helps you to annotate or edit the image. The buttons on the right hand side gives you the option of taking picture using your camera or taking a snapshot of you screen.

With the options of taking picture using cross hair, frame , full screen, etc, it provides a wide variety of options for taking screen shots. These snap shots had been very use for me in writing the blog posts.

The buttons on the left hand side contain only few of the options provided in the popular paint brush app of windows. But it provides enough do a basic annotations of an image. In fact I use it regularly in my day job while explaining something to someone of the office chat. 

As said pictures say more than words can be really said if you can really prepare a picture as fast as the words.  No doubt Skitch does that to a very good extent.

Knowing well how to use Adobe Photoshop, it seemed a very basic tool for me. But as I started  using Skitch regularly for my regular work I found that I don't need to open the photoshop for 80% of my image editing work.

The simple feature which allows you to resize the image and then annotate, gives you the flexibility of fitting the image into your document easily. I do that regularly while inserting them into my blog.

On a whole its a nice tool to have in your daily use collection, especially if you share images.

No comments:

Post a Comment